Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Old Door

Cute 4 paneled door.  It had lots of layers of paint.  I ended up giving it a good sanding to get rid of any loose paint, but didn't take it down to the bare wood because I think texture is what gives an old door its charm.  It's going to be repurposed as a headboard for a little girl, so I wanted to keep it bright, but still make it feel a little worn.



Before




After

Did the undercoat two shades lighter than the final coat to give it some depth when I distressed it. 

Yep, it's upside down in the pics.  That's how it was when I carried it over there and I was too lazy to give it a flip. :)















This is the original ceramic door knob.  Just needed a little cleaning up.  I love it!




Had such a hard time getting a pic that was true to the color.  It's a little brighter and a littler greener than this one. :)









I need to hire a photographer! ;)


undercoat = Dancing Green
topcoat = Overt Green




1 comment:

  1. Hi! I adore the things you create out of practically nothing! I love to do this also, and am just learning. I love how you'll use this door as a headboard. I just wish that I could see a picture of it in the room- to get a better idea of what it looked like. So very creative. The Lord blesses your hands for Him. I can see such joy in your creations, and I smile because you get to make a living doing what you love. God's love to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3