Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chippy French Linen Dresser

Poor baby--this little dresser and been relegated to the closet, covered in "stuff", and forgotten about.  So glad she was finally able to "come out" and receive a long awaited makeover!!

There wasn't any much detail so I knew the hardware would be important.  My client had chosen a soft color (French Linen--love it!) and I wanted the hardware to have that feeling, too, but still stand out.  

I also decided to go with a chippy look for the distressing because I wanted it to be a little more noticeable than just sanding the edges.  




 Before




 After

I had to sand the whole thing down to the bare wood because the finish was so scratched.  I still wanted the contrast of dark under this lighter color so I gave it one coat of Espresso (in Satin) by Rustoleum before I painted.  Using the Satin also made it easier to achieve the chippy look I was going for.




 I've used these pulls on a lot of different pieces and never get tired of them! 
 They just make me happy. :)

I love the look of crystal against this color.  The original knobs were so tiny I didn't know if I would be able to find any small enough (too big would have been overwhelming since there were four of them so close together).  I was so lucky to find these cute little knobs and scooped them up!





I love the rust color of the pulls with the little bit of sparkle from the crystal (and the chippy paint makes my heart go pitter patter!).














I think she definitely can be proud to strut her stuff in the bedroom instead of hiding in the closet now!

color = French Linen ASCP
base coat = Espresso by Rustoleum
poly = Varathane in semi-gloss
knobs/pulls = Hobby Lobby

Linked up here:

Designed DecorIn The Old RoadA Diamond in the Stuff TheRusticPig



7 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    Good looking makeover...love her new knobs. Thanks for sharing her at my party.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful make over! I just started a new link party and would love for you to come over and share your post or any social media sites. Talkin’ About Thursday - http://designeddecor.com/talkin-about-thursday-link-party-5/
    DeDe@DesignedDecor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much--would love to stop by! :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up! I love the look of your blog, love the header too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and the mix of knobs--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3