Thursday, February 26, 2015

Antique Buffet in Coquille

I have this friend.  She is an amazing woman.  The kind of woman that should write a book about her amazing life.  The only thing is I'm sure she doesn't see herself this way at all.  I'm sure she thinks of herself as "just a mom" living an ordinary life. I hope, one day, she can look back at her life from a different perspective and see what a difference she's made in this, often times, ugly world.  She has a pure heart and a beautiful spirit.  She has raised amazing children.  Children whom have deserved extraordinary love and care and she has blessed them with it. She is talented, generous, and kind.  Qualities I hope to possess in half the abundance she possesses. 

So, on this day, Nancy, I am giving you a huge shout out for being some kind of 
WONDERFUL! 

Nancy and her husband were fortunate to buy their neighbor's land, which had a house on it.  This house was in pretty rough shape and they decided the best course of action would be to tear it down. I took pictures and can't find them now, but it was pretty spooky looking from the outside.  She was very brave for cleaning this place out.  She messaged me one day and said she found some things I might be interested in.  So, I braved this dilapidated house. climbed the rickety stairs, and saw this beauty on the second floor!  My hats off to both our husbands for breaking their backs getting it down the stairs.  

It sat in my storage unit for the last year and a half because the top drawer was missing and I wasn't quite sure what to do about that.  Well, I already told you about the Superman I have stashed away and he never fails me.  He made a few false drawer fronts for me and away I went. 

I recently tried French Lime paint from Maison Blanche and knew I just had to try it in another color.  I wanted it soft, modern, and sophisticated, so I choice Coquille.  It's a light greige color, a little more on the gray side than beige. 

I thought I was going to die waxing this beast but it was worth every stroke. ;)





 BEFORE

This is my husband's shop, not mine.  It's a good thing, by law, that half of what's his is also mine. ;)


 AFTER

Isn't she lovely?  Isn't she wonderful?  Imagine me singing that.  On second hand, don't.  I can't sing worth a crap. 

There are so many amazing details on this piece and I'm going to show you all of them, so sit back and enjoy the view!



 The detail on the "backsplash".  This piece is solid, including the back piece.  



 Thankfully it had a gorgeous top, so I sanded it down, gave it two coats of Java Gel, and 4 coats of Varathane. 





 You know the hardware is my favorite part.  I've had my eye on these babies for a while now, but needed a piece that was big enough to carry them off.  This buffet was perfect.  I normally stick to only two kinds of hardware, but there are three on this baby and I think she pulls it off swimmingly!



 Gorgeous detailing on the doors and the bottom molding. 



 Aren't these legs yummy?!  I love how the ball feet look waxed.  Yes, I'm weird. 


 This makes my heart thump. 
























I couldn't resist doing a pop of color on the inside and she has these cute little drawers behind the door that were perfect for it. 



 I also had this left over fabric from Hobby Lobby.  I absolutely love the huge print and that it's not matchy matchy (which I have a hard time not doing sometimes).



 This buffet is actually going in a nursery and she's having a little girl.  I wanted to do something special for her so this is on the inside of the left door. 



 You would never expect it from looking at the outside. ;)




I drooled on it, but cleaned it up....

19 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and I am so glad you already knew where it was going to call home so you could put those special touches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. They say the devil's in the details :)

      Delete
  2. Oh MY GOSH!!!!

    That is absolutely stunning, holy moly.

    As for your amazing friend, she needs to write a blog and share her stories. She sounds amazing, just like you are to me, Lisa. You are such inspiration that coming to see your newest creations is a highlight for me, truly.

    This is awesome. Well done, ma'am!!
    ♥ Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece! The pop of colour is perfection. I completely understand your love of the ball feet...those details are what I look for in furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gilly, I have a not-so-secret foot fetish :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Lisa! You are perfect with knowing to do with a piece to make it as special as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do perform magic! The saying on the door for a baby girl--OMG! Perfection. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Rita. Who knew a magic wand had bristles. ;)

      Delete
  6. Lisa, this is my new fav that you have done! The inside colour startled me at first...I love it. You really are amazing! Kim(tbd)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this piece. I'm looking for one similar to this one. I want it a creamy off white one. You did a great job, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been drooling too! Another stunning piece! I often drive by those dilapidated houses and wonder of there are treasures inside. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your hard work? Worth it!!! Nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome work! that's incredible! I love how while I'm watching the DIY network I see this blog haha. Thanks for sharing!
    -> www.InspireYourLives.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, How did you come across my blog?

      Delete

Love your comments! Please feel free to leave one!! <3